LED Light therapy or Phototherapy is a non-invasive method of face and body care that uses non-thermal light energy to activate the processes of natural cellular renewal and skin regeneration. Getting on the skin, light stimulates sensitive intracellular structures and molecules.
Using a clinically proven light emitting diode, photodynamic therapy provides excellent results for a wide range of general skin blemishes, including skin aging and acne treatment. Phototherapy also provides treatment for hypersensitive and reactive skin, as well as skin with rosacea, pigmentation, inflammatory skin diseases (eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis).
LED Light Therapy functions
The skin has the ability to absorb specific wavelengths of light (color) and use them as an energy source to activate specific cellular functions to produce a therapeutic effect. Light therapy can reproduce these individual wavelengths (nm) in order to recharge cells, activate them, restore and rejuvenate faster.
Successful treatment with LED phototherapy is determined by the use of clinically proven wavelengths that allow specific cell reactions to be performed.
Depending on the wavelength, light of different colors can penetrate to different depths into the skin, having the following effects:
- Red (628-780 nm): one of the most powerful. Optimal treatment for mature skin that needs stimulation. Obvious improvement in metabolism and blood circulation. Increases the level of natural hydration and helps retain moisture in the skin, and also has a calming effect, reducing redness and inflammation. Phototherapy effectively tightens pores, regulates sebum production and improves blood circulation, and can also be used to treat alopecia. Red Light has also been certified for rosacea. Provides visible results immediately after the first treatment: the skin becomes smoother, moisturized and smooth with a healthy glow. Gets into biological tissues to a depth of 2.5 mm, being absorbed in the epidermis. About 30% of light energy comes to the subcutaneous fatty tissue.
- Blue (421-495 nm): has anti-inflammatory, soothing and healing properties. Perfect for problem, inflamed and irritated skin. Blue light has very powerful antibacterial properties for treating acne and problem skin without irritation. Exposure to blue light is a particularly effective treatment for acne, as it fights the propionic acne bacterium (Propionibacterium acnes and Propionibacterium granulosum) and is an effective alternative for clients who have not received a pronounced result from other types of treatment or antibiotic therapy. Acne treatment with blue light also perfectly prevents outbreaks of rashes and bacterial infections of the skin in the future. Blue light provides all the antibacterial properties associated with sunlight, but without harmful and destructive ultraviolet rays.
- Violet (380-420 nm): has antipyretic effect, removes toxins, relaxing effect, reduces the likelihood of scar formation. It is also recommended for aging skin with enlarged pores and inflammatory elements.
The longer the wavelength, the deeper the penetration of light.
Benefits of phototherapy
The method of photodynamic therapy has a short exposure time and visible results. Phototherapy instantly revitalizes tired and dull skin. After just one treatment, the skin becomes noticeably moisturized, smooth and radiant. The manifestation of redness and irritation decreases. The course of corrective treatments provides significant and prolonged results to improve the appearance of the skin. Phototherapy has no thermal effect, only the light spectrum, which does not contain harmful ultraviolet and infrared rays and, therefore, cannot cause damage to skin tissue.
The safety of this method has been proven by many clinical studies in the treatment of all skin types, including the most sensitive.
Phototherapy does not cause photosensitivity, so it is safe at any time of the year and can be performed before and after exposure to the sun.
The method eliminates the risk of irritation or side effects, which is characteristic of more invasive procedures.
Photodynamic therapy is safe, effective and simple.
- Clean the skin off the makeup
- Place the device on the treatment area
- Treatment time, intensity and light depends on the treatment protocol
- The treatment is absolutely painless
- The patient can feel warm sensation on the treated parts
- Protect patient eyes during the treatment
One treatment session
- from 20 tо 30 minutes, if used as a beauty care treatment
- from 10 tо 20 minutes, if used with peeling treatments or mesotherapy
- from 30 tо 40 minutes, when it is used as a solo treatment
It is recommended to run 1-2 treatment sessions per week during 4-6 weeks, Then one session per month during 4 months. This is recommended number of treatments that can vary according to therapeutic needs. The results become visible after the second or third treatment session. Skin changes is gradual and prolonged for several months after the treatment as collagen is produced. The best results are achieved due to combination of phototherapy with other aesthetic methods, both invasive and non-invasive.
- Inflammatory processes
- Increased skin greasiness
- Enlarged pores
- Edematous skin
- Skin with vascular changes
- Skin with post-acne
- Dry skin
- Pigment skin
- Skin cancer
- Autoimmune skin diseases
- Therapy with photosensitizing drugs.